Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, registering your email address on this website will be considered as an opt-in unless you explicitly select the opt-out option during registration. All future emails that you receive from us and our partners will also give you the opportunity to opt out.
Information you provide may be used by us:
- To collect general statistical information about visitors to our website for general reporting and to improve future content. We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes and to help us carry out our work, however we will undertake to continue to protect your personal data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998. In providing your Personal Data (and Sensitive Personal Data) you are also giving your explicit consent to store and process your details. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you more information about our work, keep you up to date and other ways to get involved. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt-out of any further communications.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Scottish Wildlife Trust
110 Commercial St,