Water Workshop: Options for Developing a Market for the Water Environment – 30 November
Join us for the first in a series of workshops and drop-in sessions on the options for developing a market for the water environment.
This workshop will provide an overview of research findings into water metrics, an understanding of the investor perspective and examine the development of a Woodland Water Code. The breakout sessions will explore examples and look at water measurement and valuation in projects.
- Discuss water as an ecosystem service which can be traded, looking across all landscapes/catchments within Scotland.
- Hear about developments of the Woodland Water Code (WWC) as part of the Woodland Carbon Code
- Share your ideas on water valuation in projects and hear from investors on their perspective
- Deryck Irving, Senior Innovation Fellow at the HydroNation Chair, University of Stirling
- Rosie Brook, Senior Project Manager at Forest Research
This series will continue with regular lunchtime drop-in sessions with project developers on how they plan to integrate water measurement (MRV) and valuation in project delivery. If you would like to run a session to showcase your project, please find out more here.